Organizations look to us to build relevant web traffic for their businesses. Such a goal would not be achievable without the innovators and visionaries that Metamend attracts. With a blend of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, Metamend draws the very best of talents and commits to providing a work environment where uniqueness is valued and empowered. The creative people we attract truly help capture the spirit and mission of Metamend.
Current Openings - May 15th 2013
Job Description - SEM Consultant
He/she is responsible for overseeing the delivery of Metamend’s search marketing services ensuring individual skills are being developed and best practices are continually being updated and shared across the service delivery team, and the company at large. It is the responsibility of the SEM Consultant to liaise with Account Managers to ensure the Service Delivery Team is educated on new SEM developments and the results of any SEM campaigns are presented to the client in meaningful ways that add value to the client's business.
The SEM Consultant will liaise with the Account Management team or the client to ensure that the correct products/services are identified to meet the clients' needs and objectives and with President to report on the timeliness and quality of those products/services.
It is the expectation that the SEM Consultant will develop a high-level, operational understanding of our clients' businesses so that he/she will be able to position our company as a strategic long-term resource in the clients' search engine marketing mix. The SEM Consultant is expected to successfully perform all duties autonomously with limited direct management oversight required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring on time delivery and quality of all SEO work undertaken to meet business and client objectives
- Coordinating operational workflow with clients, internal team, and contractors
- Ensure all client deliverables are logged real-time in the project management system including detailed notes, and time entries for each
- Manage the implementation, deployment, and fulfillment of a Statement of Work for each client
- Manage our clients through the use of a project management system, to ensure all projects are delivered efficiently and on time. Time tracking for all delivery aspects of the company will be an essential component to the success of this
- Manage contractors within budget determined by the President (evaluated quarterly)
- Enabling smooth transitions from clients’ initial signature on a contract through to regular implementation and term fulfillment
- Identify further opportunities to expand the services offered, maintaining a commercial focus at all times
- Analyzing client websites, web analytics, ranking and other metrics to determine effective SEM strategies
- Develop and maintain policies for Quality Assurance, Workflow, and all other aspects of delivery to Metamend clientele
- Communicating with clients about high impact SEM strategies
- Relay technical delivery requests to SEO Technicians
- Train SEO Technicians to perform requested tasks
- Work in conjunction with service delivery team for the improvement and development of new services
- Organize weekly service delivery meetings meant to address issues or advance service offerings
- Compile weekly reports to the Senior Account Manager, President, and other relevant parties via the project management system
- Quality Control - evaluate, adjust, and redirect the SEM teams efforts and campaigns as necessary
- Work closely with account execs, developers and designers on SEM initiatives
- Understanding of search ranking factors
- Experience in both on and off-site optimization
- Google Webmaster Tools experience
- Google Analytics experience
- Experience using Ektron, Drupal, and Wordpress CMS environments
- Excel skills (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables)
- Report writing skills
- Client facing skills
- Basic HTML skills
- Understanding web Analytics and experience using Analytics systems
- Advanced understanding of website usability
- Extensive knowledge of various content management systems and ecommerce platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of various SEO programs/tools/web development software.
- Detail oriented analytical skills
- Ability to convey concepts and strategies to web developers, project leads, and contractors for clients
- Communicate missed or adjusted client deadlines immediately
- Forecasted slippage of scheduled client deliverables must be reported immediately to the President
- Strong analytic abilities in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload under pressure
- Able to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ensuring effective internal communication within the Sales, Marketing team and Customer Support and across the organization
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Be approachable
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to form customer relationships are a necessity
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Attitude and Core Value Expectations
Metamend operates using a “trust and deploy” Human Resources model. This means that all facets of the organization are shaped by people whom we trust and who have been given the authority to own their jobs, and be accountable for the outcome.
- Trust – We trust our co-workers, subordinates and managers to do the right thing, we assume they have our best interests at heart and are doing the best they can on our behalf.
- Health – We treat ourselves well and balance our lives including family, work, exercise and our choice of nutrition. We treat the environment with care, and keep our personal office space clean and tidy.
- Respect – We recognize our company, our partners and our customers are professionals doing the best they can; we respect our co-workers, their skills, and their choices; we make a concerted effort to step into their shoes to see from their point of view; we see all sides of an issue although we may not agree.
- Innovation – We create different ways of solving problems and don’t just stick with the tried methods; we try and step outside our comfort zone to embrace new and progressive techniques. We invent new things and don’t fear to move off the worn path.
- Perseverance – For the people who depend on us, including our coworkers, our customers, and our families, we work diligently and continuously to solve problems and bring them to a natural conclusion as soon as possible
- Responsibility – we take ownership of the work both we and the company as a whole produces; if we see issues we take the responsibility of getting them solved whether that be through personal effort or referral to a responsible party.
- Continuous Education – We actively upgrade our skills and knowledge both through formal courses and by learning from our peers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We hire seriously talented people, with smarts and a sense of humor, who deliver results. Of course, theres more. Every job requires a certain depth of expertise, experience and skill (see above). But youre still reading so you probably have those as well. For interesting and interested people this could be a great opportunity.
Can you demonstrate your unique talents to a demanding team of like-minded individuals? Lets find out if were right for each other. Apply now or drop us a line and tell us about yourself.