SEO Services - Site Planner
Are you planning an extensive website redesign or moving to a new content management system?
Site Planner helps to protect your existing search rankings, traffic and backlinks.
The Site Planner service assists our clients and their developers in the complicated transition between your existing and new website design. Failing to address several important issues during this process can have a drastic negative effect on search engine positioning, which will result in reduced search traffic and website revenue.
The most critical aspect during many site redesigns is the preservation of existing search traffic from pages already indexed by the search engines. If the correct strategies are not implemented it can take 6 months to a year for the new website to rank as effectively as the old version, by which time your competition will have undoubtedly improved their websites' and increased their rankings.
Other important areas of concern will include preservation of Meta data, SEO friendly navigation elements, HTML valid source code and presence of the required CMS functionality for SEO tactics.
The Site Planner service includes (but is not restricted to):
- Maintaining Existing Traffic - This is achieved through a 301 redirect strategy to the new site URLs. This also maintains the all important backlinks to the website.
- Page URLs and Navigation - Ensure the URLs follow SEO guidelines and the sites' pages are easily crawlable through the navigation elements.
- Keyword Messaging - Ensure all existing page titles, Meta descriptions and headings are transferred to new site and are visible to the search engines.
- HTML Coding - Ensuring rendered HTML code is "clean" and follows SEO guidelines and recommendations.
After the Site Planner document has been provided, until site launch, Metamend will assist the client and their developer in ensuring that all recommendations are followed.
After the new site is launched, for a short period of time, Metamend will monitor the search engines to ensure that the steps taken in the Site Planner report are being effective. This may include updating XML sitemaps, submitting them to the search engines and acting on any crawl errors reported by the search engines' webmaster interfaces. We will also ensure all of the required redirects are in place.
Site Planner is a customized approach as no two site redesigns are the same. Illustrated below are the customized design deliverables:
Establishing a baseline of your existing traffic to all web properties will set the foundation for a successful site redesign project. Site age, content, back links, server location and page rank are just a few factors to consider when redesigning a website. Metamend’s Traffic audit will identify all critical success factors involved to ensure a successful move. Note: Requires Enquisite search reporting services.
Critical Success Factors - Your main goals are:
- To build increasing levels of relevant, quality web traffic into your web site from the search engines and drive more qualified prospects / customers to your site.
- To optimize and receive increased levels of relevant search traffic for your new site.
- To measure the web traffic search referral improvements.
These three success factors are the focus of Metamend’s SEO Site PLANNER services. Knowing what the Search Engine Bots are looking for and planning your new site around it is critical to being found in the Search Engines.