“Hello (enter your name here) welcome back to the GAP. We have your size of jeans on sale this week.” Sounds like a scene from the Tom Cruise movie, “Minority Report,” but this type of futuristic personalized marketing is not as far away as many people may think.
Location-based services will make target marketing cheaper and easier. All you need is access to past consumer purchasing information and some way to track the customer. Marketers dream about this stuff! Imagine some of the benefits from a business point of view:
- Lower customer-targeting costs
- One-to-one relationship marketing
- Marketing spending effectiveness
- True targeting of promotional materials
- Location based (they are already in or near your store)
And some definable perks for the customer too!
- Easier to compare products and services
- Personalized search results
- Instant Sale items, the moment you walk in.
- Promotional offers just for you
- Easier Transactions
- Online Reservations (customer convenience)
Just to name a few. Technology is moving forward and so is the ability to market and advertise products and services to the exact customers you want. The ones who are looking for you. This scenario is not far away. Remember, today’s science fiction is tomorrow’s science fact. “Would you like those jeans in blue or black Mr. Cruise? Thank you, they will be delivered to your home within the hour.”