Monthly Conversion Optimization
With Metamend’s Monthly Optimization services, we benchmark your current conversion rates and begin A/B Testing to continually improve your conversion rates.
Depending on our findings from your Analytics Audit, we may first aim to improve your Sessions, Bounce Rates, Exit Rates, Average Time on Site, Average Page Views, etc. We use tools such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Optimizely, and WordStream to test Landing Page elements.
You will frequently hear us use a few common terms:
1) Conversion Funnel – Similar to your Sales Funnel, the Conversion Funnel refers to the series of steps you would like users to take to make the ultimate conversion, which is usually a sale (for eCommerce websites) or sales lead. An example of the funnel could be landing on the homepage, navigating to a product category page, clicking on a specific product page, then clicking on the Call-to-Action (CTA) button to buy and checkout. Converted!
2) Call-to-Action (CTA) – The CTA is the action you want users to take after reaching a page. It could be text (“Don’t wait – Call us today!”), a button, a contact form, a free download, etc.
3) A/B Testing – “A/B Testing” is an ongoing process of adjusting one element, such as button copy or button color, and testing it against the current version. In successful A/T Tests, one small change could dramatically increase your conversion rates.
4) Conversion Rate – The Conversion Rate is a measure, expressed as a percentage, calculated as
To track improvements, we would look at Conversion Rates as a Key Performance Indicator (KPI). Although there are general guidelines of an average 2% conversion rate, we focus on your personal best. Depending on your business and traffic types, we may find that your website could be doing much better than a 4% conversion rate.
5) Landing Page – The first page of your website that users “land on” is called the Landing Page. In Paid Search, the Landing Page is the page you want users to see when they click on your paid ads. Because first impressions are critical, and your website only has a few precious seconds to convince your users, it is important to optimize your top Landing Pages for conversions, and Landing Pages are frequently the subjects of A/B Tests.